To have a consultation with Dr Athanasiov, you will need a referral from your GP or another treating doctor. Once you have a letter of referral, you can call or email the practice directly for an appointment.
On the day of your apponintment please bring with you:
- Letter of referral
- Medicare or Veteran’s Affairs Card
- Private Health Insurance Card
- Copies of operation records, x-rays, MRI scans, CT scans relevant to your condition
- If you have seen a physiotherapist, please bring a progress letter from the therapist
- Any information relevant to your medical history, such as known conditions, medications and allergies
At your first consultation, Dr Athanasiov will take a detailed history of your condition. He will be interested in where and when your pain or symptoms occur, as well as their severity, duration and precipitating factors.
Very often, Dr Athanasiov will require further information from x-rays, MRI scans and/or investigative tests to thoroughly evaluate your situation. Sometimes tests can be done on the day of your appointment, but more often they will need to be done on a separate occasion.
Once Dr Athanasiov has the results of all investigations, he will collaborate with you about the best course of treatment. Non-operative treatment options will always be recommended before operative treatment for non-urgent conditions.