Dr Anthony Athanasiov is an orthopaedic surgeon who practices in Brisbane, Australia. He has a special interest in spine surgery.
Dr Athanasiov completed his training as an orthopaedic surgeon in Queensland, at both metropolitan and regional hospitals. He then pursued his special interest in spine surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in London, where he gained unique experience and expertise, working alongside internationally regarded spine surgeons.
He now treats spinal and general orthopaedic conditions at his private practice in Brisbane. Dr Athanasiov has a special interest in treating the following Spinal conditions:
- Developmental conditions of the spine including kyphosis and scoliosis
- Arthritic conditions of the upper and lower back regions
- Tumors affecting the spine
- Spinal deformities including kyphosis, scoliosis and spondylolisthesis
- Nerve entrapments of the neck and lower back
- Back and neck pain
Dr Athanasiov consults and performs surgery at the Mater Private Hospital and Greenslopes Private Hospital. His office can be contacted on (07) 3397 9983 to discuss referrals.
Dr Athanasiov is a member of QCOS Spine.